Coconut is a mature fruit of the cocos nucifera palm. It is one of very versatile and indispensable food item for millions of inhabitants in South and South-East Asia, and Pacific islands.
Coconut Health Benefits :
1. Supports immune system health: it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite.
2. Provides a natural source of quick energy and enhances physical and athletic performance.
3. Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
4. Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes.
5. Reduces risk of heart health and improves good cholesterol (HDL)
6. Restores and supports thyroid function.
7. Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection.
8. Promotes weight loss.
Nutritional in Coconut :
A quarter cup of coconut milk (full-fat/not skimmed or light milk) has about: (1)
1. 1.5 grams protein, 2. 2 grams sugar 3. 55 milligrams manganese (27 percent DV) 4. 15 milligrams copper (8 percent DV) 5. 60 milligrams phosphorus (6 percent DV) 6. 3.9 milligrams iron (5.5 percent DV)
7. 157 milligrams potassium (4.5 percent DV) 8. 22 milligrams magnesium (5.5 percent DV)
Health Risks Of Coconut :
1. The edible flesh of the fruit, with its high protein, has high calorie content. Eating products that contain coconut or its derivatives could lead to weight gain.
2. Keep in mind that weight gain is caused by the excessive intake of calories and so a small amount of coconut-based food products is not likely to cause weight gain.
3. Avoid deep fried foods as these will contain a lot of oil and will therefore have a very high calorific value.
For Coconut details in Hindi check here – Coconut In hindi