Scientific (Botanical) Name is Annona muricata
Soursop is the fruit of Annona muricata, a broadleaf, flowering, evergreen tree. The exact origin is unknown; it is native to the tropical regions of the Americas and is widely propagated. It is in the same genus, Annona, as cherimoya and is in the Annonaceae family. The soursop is adapted to areas of high humidity and relatively warm winters; temperatures below 5 °C (41 °F) will cause damage to leaves and small branches, and temperatures below 3 °C (37 °F) can be fatal. The fruit becomes dry and is no longer good for concentrate.
- 66 calories.
- 16.8 grams carbohydrates.
- 1 gram protein.
- 0.3 gram fat.
- 3.3 grams fiber.
- 20.6 milligrams vitamin C (34 percent DV)
- 278 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram thiamin (5 percent DV)
Health Benefits Of Soursop
1. Controls Parasite
2. Has Anti-inflammatory Properties
3. Relieves Respiratory Distress
4. Treats Insomnia
5. Skin Care
6. Prevents Cancer
7. Boosts Immunity